Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:42:19 +0200 (EET)
From:      Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: My wi(4) ate itself (or Fun with no memory).

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <20021230113644.A17112@FreeBSD.org>
>             Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> : I ran some stuff overnight which exhausted my system's memory fairly well,
> : and was also thrashing around on my network, and I woke up to find that my
> : wi(4) blew up more or less:
> :
> : wi0: watchdog timeout
> : wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0002; event status 0x8000
> : wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0000; event status 0x8000
> : wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
>
> The firmware on your card hung hard.  The wi driver doesn't deal with
> that at all well (although one could rightly argue it should).  Why
> the firmware hung hard, I cannot say.

I got the similiar(?) hang on perfectly working system, when I loaded
firewire driver.  There was some additional message about exchausting
memory somewhere (probably something related to wi memory, don't remember,
as i am writing this from memory).

If it's interesting i'll try to repeat it?

best regards,
taavi