Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:41:51 -0700
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        Andrea Bacchet <baccheta@cae.com>, "'mh_lists@digitalspy.co.uk'" <mh_lists@digitalspy.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Jail single ip network (FreeBSD 4.5)

--==========2900459384==========

--On Tuesday, June 11, 2002 09:29:27 AM -0400 Andrea Bacchet=20
<baccheta@cae.com> wrote:

> 	What I would like to do, is just make the jail invisible
> to the outside world. I mean I have some services running in the
> jail and some outside of it. When users will be asked to login,
> I will give them only the dagobah ip. Depending on what services
> they use, they'll either be logging in to the jail or into the
> host.
>
> 	Therefore I will have to look into natd, to forward the
> requests internally.
>
> 	If anyone has a quick solution, I'd really appreciate it.
> Until then I'll read into natd.

The easiest way that I can think of is to give the jail the 'real'
IP address.  In the jail you only run the services that you want
to be jailed.  Run the other services directly on dagobah.  Unless
you want the same service to be available in both environments,
you probably don't even need a second IP address.

-Pat