Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:42:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Ketung hsiao <Ketung.hsiao@losangeles.af.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Ketung hsiao wrote:

> Please ignore my previous message with the same subject.
> I fumbled and guessed a bit,  found the correct directory to do 'make
> install'.
> I was then able to open up the Netscape.
>
> To configure the X-server is the hard part and someone else help me with
> that.

You need to run "/usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config" and answer everything it tells
you. You need to know what kind of video card w/how much memory you have,
your monitor's vertical sync and horizontal sync rates, and what kind of
mouse you have.

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com

		The majority only rules those who let them.