Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:40:09 -0400
From:      Meyer Ralf <meyerr@PHYSCN.UMontreal.CA>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Current status openmotiv-devel port?

Hi,

  I would like to know whether somebody is working on the OpenMotif
developer port. The acutal version on the ftp server only installs the
binary runtime package. In the archives I found that Cyrille Lefevre
has posted a port, but it seems that it does not have made it to the
collection. Also this port does some heavy modifications of the sources.

  Yesterday, I succeeded to compile OpenMotif with shared and static
libraries making only very slight changes (no imported langinfo.h). I
still have to test that everything is ok but it looks quite promising.
If there is some interest I can proceed to create a complete port. On
the other hand, if somebody is actively working on this or if there are
some other issues which I am not aware of, I can save the time.

  Any comments are welcome

	Ralf