Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 11:54:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      GILGSN@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hello, I have a few questions...

Hi, I just got FreeBSD 2.2.1 on CDrom. It doesn't work on my PS/1 but I was
planning on buying a new pc anyway.

Is anybody currently running FreeBSD on a Tyan Tomcat III dual processor
motherboard (with one cpu installed) ?
Since there is now a FreeBSD beta release for multi processors I thought that
getting a dual CPU board would be a good choice for future upgrades. Any
reasons not to do this ?

What motherboard would be best if the Tyan isn't a good choice ?

My current REAVEAL CDrom on a soundblaster 16 card (IDE) is not recognized by
the installation floppy. what can I do ? Will I have to get a new cdrom ?

If I need a new cdrom, Which one ?  What would be a good (if possible cheap)
SCSI controller/cdrom conbination ?

Any reason why I should not use a Cyrix 200 CPU ?    What else if not, AMD,
Intel ?
Anything about the AMD K6 yet ?

Thank you very much, any hardware suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Gil.