Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:54:45 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recap of stable/4.9 status, please?

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 08:35:55PM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> I'm waiting for the release of 4.9 to do some system upgrades (I've=20
> patched the machines in the meantime, but really need to do fresh=20
> installs.) How stable and polished is everything now? How long --=20
> approximately -- has release been delayed from the original schedule?=20
> Just trying to plan ahead here.

The approximate delay is two weeks.  The PAE stability problems have
been resolved, but now we are worried about some USB issues that have
cropped up on the lists.  We'll hopefully be in a position to release
RC1 this weekend, depending on if we can get some more feedback on
Ian's USB fix and some other issues.

      - Murray

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--