Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:18:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aha fails on Tekram DC300B

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Warner Losh wrote:

>: aha0: Invalid Command 0x8d
>
>This is expected, when booting -v.  If you are getting this w/o
>booting -v, then there is a problem.

It was -v.

>: aha0: ahareset - Diagnostic Active failed to assert. status = 0x30

This was also with -v.

>This is a problem.  ahareset shouldn't fail.  The card never comes
>ready (or at least is hung for a long time).
>
>: aha0: aha_fetch_adapter_info - Failed Get Board Info
>
>Once the card is in this state, all bets are off.

This shows up even without -v.

>I don't have a DC300B to test against, but do have the 1542B (and
>jumper settings thanks to many kind people) and will be testing
>against it later.

I'll be out until the weekend, but I can test it then. Let me know if
there is any other information that would be helpful.

-- Jay

FWIW -- I believe this board is based on an 80[12]86, rather than any
of the Adaptec chips. There appears to be an eprom upgrade available,
but requires an eprom burner, which leaves me somewhat SOL. I'll check
into that and see if that would be useful -- and if Tekram will sell
the eprom.