Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2016 15:43:24 -0500
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?SmVhbi1Tw6liYXN0aWVuIFDDqWRyb24=?= <dumbbell@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: i915 update to Linux 3.8 ready!

On 9 March 2016 at 15:06, Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:

> This is on a Thinkpad X220 (Sandy Bridge). It has a r286085 kernel
> installed on the disk, and reports 11W while idle at a vt(4) console
> without the driver loaded.

These numbers were obtained from "acpiconf -i0" while running on
battery, from the "Present rate" value near the bottom of the output.
In each case I let the laptop wait in the same state for a couple of
minutes and then compared 3 or 4 results over 20 seconds or so to see
that the power consumption appeared to have settled.