Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:08:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        toneil@visigenic.com (Tim Oneil)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD 586 CPU

Recently I opined:
% I've not used any 5x86s, but now have 3 machines running on K5s and feel
% the performance is quite good.  The K5/133 outperforms the P5/133 in
% everything we've tried under FreeBSD, and is a fair bit cheaper.  YMMV.

In response, Tim asked:
> Wes, anyone: I've cruised sysdoc.pair.com and the amd home page, and I'm
> really haven't gotten a deffinitive answer to this: will the K5 work
> in dual cpu mode?

I've been told by someone associated with FreeBSD-SMP that they won't,
but I don't remember who it was.  Sigh.  (I can buy two K5/133s and a
dual-CPU motherboard for less than one P5/166 and an equivalent
single-cpu motherboard.)