Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:09:35 -0600
From:      "Brad Tarver" <btarver@fpwk.com>
To:        <Freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Syslog'ing PIX

------------=_1080015016-2424-110

I found it after rereading the syslog.conf(5) man page.

     A hostname specification of the form `#+hostname' or `+hostname'
means
     the following blocks will be applied to messages received from the
speci-
     fied hostname.  Alternatively, the hostname specification
`#-hostname' or
     `-hostname' causes the following blocks to be applied to messages
from
     any host but the one specified.  If the hostname is given as `@',
the
     local hostname will be used.  As for program specifications,
multiple
     comma-seprarated values may be specified for hostname
specifications.

Also, there appears to be a problem with the !startslip and !ppp at the
end the 5.2.1-RELEASE default syslog.conf. None of my +hostname lines
were parsed until I put them above the !prog lines.

Important Confidentiality And Limited Liability Notice

This email and any attachments may be confidential and protected by law. If=
 you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,=
 distribution or use of the email or any attachment is prohibited. If you h=
ave received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying =
to the sender and deleting this copy and the reply from your system. Please=
 note that any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those o=
f the author and do not necessarily represent those of Forman Perry Watkins=
 Krutz & Tardy LLP. (FPWK&T). The recipient should check this email and any=
 attachments for the presence of viruses. FPWK&T accepts no liability for a=
ny damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Thank you for your=
 cooperation.

------------=_1080015016-2424-110--