Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:07:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        "Michael K. Sanders" <msanders@aros.net>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Source for 150MHz PPro?

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Kyle Mestery wrote:

> > I'm quite sure I can still get 'em for you...  Unfortunately, I'm at home
> > now so I can't double check right now.  I'll check when I hit the office
> > in the morning and let you know.
> >
> > Later......						<Doug>
> >
> Could you post this to the list?  I am also interested in possibly getting
> some 150s. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, folks.  The 150s are getting a LOT harder to find
than I thought.  I called just about all of my suppliers yesterday, and
everyone said they were permanently out of stock now.  Two I needed to
call back, but I ended up out mapping a new network for a client yesterday
afternoon.

ANYWAY....  To the point.  I managed to scrounge up a whack of 150s.  How
many people are interested?  I should have up to about 30 available.  I've
thought about getting a dual P6 board and loading it with a couple of
150s for quite a while.  If you run them at 66 Mhz bus, they should make a
nice *cheap* dual 166 system, which beats the pants off a more expensive
single processor machine.  I may do that given the current prices, and
near zilch availability we are getting into.

For those who are interested, each 150 chip is $189 in Canadian dollars.
For those of you in the US, exchange rate is *quite* favourable.  $1.00US
is about $1.35 Canadian right now, so each chip works out to about $140US.
Shipping, applicable taxes, etc. is extra, but minimal.  Shipping hurts
less (not that FedExing a processor costs that much :) ) if you need a new
dual processor board or something too.  I've got Gigabyte 686DX boards for
$499 Canadian (about $370US after exchange) or ASUS dual pro boards for
$709 Canadian (about $525US).  Or, of course, just about any other
hardware you could possibly desire.  :)

Anyone who is interested in any of this stuff, send e-mail to
drussell@saturn-tech.com, and I'll give you our 1-800 number to call me.

Saturn is located in Calgary, Alberta, for those who are interested.

Later......						<Doug>

Doug Russell
President
Saturn Computer Technologies Inc.