Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:53:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Russell D. Murphy" <rdmurphy@neale.econ.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Suggestions on coordinating accounts?

1) Does anyone have any clever ideas for keeping one's files
coordinated across machines?  I currently have accounts on 3 FreeBSD
machines (home, office, and now laptop).  With two machines, I'd been
using a simple script which uses find to identify files created or
changed since the last "transfer."  I can extend this to "transfers"
to specific machines, but it seems like the kind of problem that
someone would have solved in a more clever fashion.  Any suggestions?

2) Is there an easy way to connect my laptop to another machine with a
simple serial cable and setup a ppp or slip connection?  If so, how?

Thanks-

Russ Murphy

--
Russell D. Murphy
Department of Economics

--LAA19873.899306205/neale.econ.vt.edu

The original message was received at Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:16:30 -0400 (EDT)
from rdmurphy@localhost

question@freebsd.org

... while talking to hub.freebsd.org.:
<<< 550 <question@freebsd.org>... User unknown
550 question@freebsd.org... User unknown

--LAA19873.899306205/neale.econ.vt.edu

Reporting-MTA: dns; neale.econ.vt.edu
Arrival-Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; question@freebsd.org
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; hub.freebsd.org
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 <question@freebsd.org>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:16:44 -0400 (EDT)