Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:39:23 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie question: kern.securelevel

What does "kern.securelevel" actually do, I seem to remember thinking I
was able to lower it on one machine (probably/hopefully wrong), and was
wondering what effect it has on anything.

[I did look in the man pages, but other than knowing it's integer and
raise only it doesn't say much.]

I seem to remember that this affects stuff like writing to devices and
mounting and whatnot, but can't remember where I found documentation on
it.

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342