Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:48:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Josh Tolbert <josht@wolfram.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with /usr/ports/graphics/glide3

        I have a working X 4.1.0/DRI setup for my voodoo3/3000 at home
(documentation of how I managed to get it working is at
http://halcyon.scoundrelz.net/~hemi/dri.txt). I found a PC at work and
decided I'd try to replicate my X 4.1.0/DRI setup at work.

        X installed fine from ports and /usr/ports/graphics/glide3
downloaded fine. I applied anholt's patch from ports/31767. On build (make
-DWITH_VOODOO3=1 install), I get errors such as the following, with stop
errors afterwards:

automake: configure.in: required file `./depcomp' not found
automake: cvg/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but
`ASFLAGS' not defined in `configure.in'
automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: object `cpudtect.lo' created
by `cpudtect.c' and `cpudtect.S'
automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: object `cpudtect.lo' created
by `cpudtect.c' and `cpudtect.S'
automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: object `cpudtect.lo' created
by `cpudtect.c' and `cpudtect.S'
automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: object `cpudtect.lo' created
by `cpudtect.c' and `cpudtect.S'
automake: h3/glide3/src/makefile.autoconf.am: Assembler source seen but
`ASFLAGS' not defined in `configure.in'

and similar errors for h5/*. I don't see that ./depcomp file anywhere in
the work/Glide3 dir and my /etc/make.conf is fairly normal: CPUTYPE,
CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, XFREE86_VERSION=4, NOPROFILE=true and USA_RESIDENT=YES
is about all that is in /etc/make.conf. I have the required dependencies
installed (including autoconf213-2.13.000227_1 and automake-1.5,1. I tried
removing anholt's patch and building the port but the problem remains.

        The machine is a fresh install of 4.4-R with a world/kernel built
early this morning.

FreeBSD polarbear.XXXX 4.5-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-PRERELEASE #0:  Thu Dec
27 01:42:08 CST 2001 root@polarbear.XXXX:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/POLARBEAR
i386

        Any help would be greatly appreciated...Some of the linux guys
here are having a field day with my troubles.

Thanks