Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:57:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Josef Belkovics <belkovic@albert.osu.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Routing DHCP requests

> Sure, look at the isc-dhcp-b5.14 package/port.
>
> -Justin Seger-

> wide-dhcp (the other port) can do the job too.
- --
> Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
>      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;

Look into prd (problem database) for wide-dhcp. I remember, that wide-dhcp
is buggy. Isc is good (+ you will need berkeley packet filter -
/dev/bpf*). Problem arises, if you want DHCP for 2 and more nets on the
same interface. E.g., your pc isn't router for each net on which you will
send DHCP. (I have DHCP + ROUTER for 4 net.) Then you will use
bootp-gateway on some router and you will have to have special hosts
routes in routing table. Something like '193.84.224.255 ff:ff:ff:ff:ff'.
Try arp to put this martyans routes into table.

Josef Belkovics, Ostravska universita