Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:34:17 -0400
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Installing openAI's GPT-2 Ada AI Language Model
References:  <CAGBxaXmhRLk9Lx_ZHeRdoN-K2fRLEhY3cBVtBymmAjd4bBh1OQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2B1FSihQ-f4uhiOjYH8Wo=AxFEkAKe3NRDJdopgT50J=_jY4fA@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXnYojzQJqO62hkzUJvD2rzaNp%2Bem38FgCqVSBu%2BmkBi9A@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2B1FSijpiko%2B%2B%2BwJuXo2GVV6sz3yGVi7ig0X3037%2B1zE3n91hg@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaX=OcaHEZk3S7jQeYW64A_iRNTmJ%2Bab4U7h_hsrG%2BQqQPg@mail.gmail.com> <ZEEnZjzDCtR_ZG4P@graf.pompo.net> <CAGBxaXmU=Ja9EkoMyxQ0cNxYB4BeiktqQ3P64QcWg%2B=xijTiyQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2B1FSii6OOwi%2B%2Bau-_9ViU_SMZ%2BGbESG5H0McVTHQUwmMnOJGQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXkhC--ZppimDFabEwPhesjAJmrziNZm753eoyjy1sWzqg@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2B1FSijsSSpCFeKeaOt4gR36BAZ4J8j4QSJRJa-VF-a=J9e2uw@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXnEajP_NKdgDtreavm1Gz5jyLE8-jQBxM9ALX%2BQ9Cpidw@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2B1FSiiyg8An7HwZrJOd=cKh1%2BNC-FMzgaQNfiHP9fkwpgbAEg@mail.gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 6:40=E2=80=AFAM Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gmail.=
com> wrote:

> You don't need bhyve to make that,but only the Linuxulator. I don't think=
 the type of cpu will make any difference. I've used the Intel I9 cpu. I tr=
ied FreeBSD 13.1 and I haven't found problems. For sure using python env is=
 tricky,but if you have the thinkering attitude,you will have some fun.

I already have a VM allocated on it (the same host has 3 other VM's on
it).   I guess that is one thing I missed was the linuxulator (the
linsuckslator is more like it) and as far tinkering goes it is fine to
a point but not when it has taken *DAYS* away from paying projects (I
am a freelancer).

BTW I will be trying your specific command lines tomorrow (I must get
back to paid work).

P.S. The point of this project is to start a new project called
babySpock that is a personal assistant for me and my programming
partner/wife in all but legal detail.  babySpock will hopefully be
able to help with pair programming/design brainstorming, general
clerical office tasks, be a halfway decent conversation partner
(roughly on or near the level of chatGPT which inspired this project
in the first place in order to increase the amount of "context" that
it could store and to slice and dice context as needed to feed the
more expensive models just relevant context as well use multiple
models.... basically a DIY hobbyist AM (artificial mind with the final
goal being artificial mature minds [AMM] instead of AGI due to the
rule making paradox) lab that has to "earn its own way in life" (i.e.
if it is not useful it will likely die from misuse).

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 12:26=E2=80=AFPM Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@g=
mail.com> wrote:

>> The more I am fighting with it in linux (only thing there is docs for)
>> the more obvious it just doesn't work on
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 6:19=E2=80=AFAM Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gma=
il.com> wrote:

>> > Can't you install pytorch using the linux miniconda installer like bel=
ow ?

>> > # fetch https://gist.githubusercontent.com/shkhln/40ef290463e78fb2b000=
0c60f4ad797e/raw/f640983249607e38af405c95c457ce4afc85c608/uvm_ioctl_overrid=
e.c

>> > # /compat/ubuntu/bin/gcc --sysroot=3D/compat/ubuntu -m64 -std=3Dc99 -W=
all -ldl -fPIC -shared -o dummy-uvm.so uvm_ioctl_override.c

>> > # pkg install linux-miniconda-installer
>> > # miniconda-installer
>> > # bash
>> > # source /home/marietto/miniconda3/etc/profile.d/conda.sh
>> > # conda activate
>> >
>> > (base) # conda activate pytorch
>> >
>> Will this work a bhyve on an AMD Ryzen 5 host?   After playing with it
>> in several linux instances I always get stuck when it can't find a
>> compatible version
>>
>> --
>> Aryeh M. Friedman, Lead Developer, http://www.PetiteCloud.org
>

> --