Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:08:35 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        sobomax@altavista.net, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: sigset_t changes committed

John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> hmmm.. that might be an option of providing a kld that emulates the new
> syscalls on an older kernel...  I would want the patch to be available
> for staticly linking into the kernel though.. I don't like LKM/KLD's on
> servers that are suppose to be rock solid...  (at least not yet)

It coulod be part of the TOOLS section of world. Install a kld for
the purpose of buildworld and use it. It would prevent people from
building world on machines with securelevel >= 2, though, and that's
bad.

Nevertheless, since this particular target would only be compiled to
deal with this kind of nasty changes, and would not be required most
of the time, it sounds reasonable to me.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Rule 69: Do unto other's code as you'd have it do unto yours