Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:38:26 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        e0025974@student.tuwien.ac.at
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Who maintains www.fi.freebsd.org?

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 12:03:25PM +0200, Tilman Linneweh said:
> In freebsd.www, you wrote:
> > That PR was closed as it wasn't seem as a problem, since all the links to
> > CGIs on the website actually point back to www.freebsd.org anyway.
>
> Is this really intended? The mirrorservers mirror the CGIs. Most have a
> Mirror of GNATS (Which is IMHO quite useless without the CGI'S), so why
> shouldn't they execute their own versions of the CGIs?

I don't know - it seems that some mirrors allow execution of the CGI programs
and some of them don't.  Therefore there's no easy way for us on the -doc team
to do much about this if we want the web sites on the mirrors that don't to
work properly.

> This will also reduce load on the Website.

True, but if we are to change these then this needs major co-ordination on
the -hubs mailing list, I'd imagine.  If anyone reading this subcribes then
it would be appreciated if they'd raise this (please cc me if you do).

Otherwise I'll try and take this up when I return from technological
purgatory, hopefully sometime in the next week.

Ceri