Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 12:24:05 -0400
From:      Ken Stailey <kstailey@speakeasy.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for space to host an ITS RP06 image

Hi,

I have an ITS image for a FreeBSD pending port.  ITS is the MIT
operating system where the original versions of Emacs and Zork (among
other things) were written.  See the jaron file entry:

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/ITS.html

There is already an ITS image available at http://www.its.os.org/ but it
does not have Maclisp ("Mac" as in "Project MAC" the MIT, GE, Bell Labs
project that created Multics, the most direct ancestor of Unix) and my
copy does.  My image is also compressed via bzip2 so it is 20MB smaller.

I can't host it myself for want of bandwidth.  Can anyone help provide a
place for a 46MB file?

Sizes of compressed and uncompressed RP06

kstailey@hermes$ l
total 221240
-rw-r--r--  1 kstailey  wheel  177776640 May 24 09:26 PI-ITS-RP06.0-dbd9
-rw-r--r--  1 kstailey  wheel   48632878 May 26 12:00 PI-ITS-RP06.0-dbd9.bz
kstailey@hermes$ du -hs *
170M    PI-ITS-RP06.0-dbd9
 46M    PI-ITS-RP06.0-dbd9.bz

Example of running ITS on FreeBSD with

kstailey@hermes$ ./klh-10 klh1-kn-its.ini
[blah blah startup messages then type Ctrl-Z]

KN ITS.1649. DDT.1545.
TTY 0
You're all alone, Fair share = 1%
kes$u