Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 12:15:20 -0400
From:      "jack xiao" <jack_xiao99@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem on kernel ppp

Hi,

I am using kenerl ppp(pppd) on our DSL server (FBSD 4.2) to accept clients
requests. In most of cases, it works fine. Sometimes, especially when
clients disconnect and connect frequently in a short time, problems came up.
After the tunnel is up,  server and the client can't ping each other. On the
server side, the ppp interface is up and the routing table is right. One the
other side, the client gets the IP assigned by the server, and aslo gets a
ppp tunnel. It seems nothing wrong. If I reboot the server box, when the
client connects again, it works fine again. So I am afraid the assigned IP
or something else "held" by the server in that moment. But how can I release
these things when this happens, rebooting the server is not a good idea at
all.

Any help or hint will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack