Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:23:29 -0400
From:      parv <parv_fm@emailgroups.net>
To:        "Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse@wingnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X TrueType font spacing

in message <bc5h87$nb8$1@main.gmane.org>, wrote Jesse D. Guardiani
thusly...

> EVERY TIME, the WXP fonts will display fine in MOST KDE
> applications, but occassionally (like in Konqueror) the horizontal
> spacing will be all messed up.
>
> Basically, every line of text will look like this:
>
> T   H   I   S    I  S   A   G  O  O  D   E  X  A  M  P  L  E
>
> Does anyone know what causes that? And how to fix it?!?

Looks like something somewhere is defining "charwidth" (mention in
fvwm(1) regarding use of TTF in relation to xft).

As i avoid KDE & almost all related products, someone else may be
more definite...

  - Parv

--
A programmer, budding Unix system administrator, and amateur photographer
ISO employment.  Details...

  http://www103.pair.com/parv/work/