Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:39:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Wayne Cuddy <wayne@crb-web.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which environment for good progamming?

I am professional unix programmer... and yes I use vim some emacs with gcc,
gdb and ddd.  Most "environments" make portability difficult and in my humble
opinion "real programmers" don't need them.  I don't believe programming tools
are fix all for bad programmers.  Most of these tools tend to generate
obfuscated code and cannot reintegrated code with the environment once changes are
made outside of them.  But what do I know.