Date:      Fri, 26 May 2006 16:38:04 +0100
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        gnn@freebsd.org
Cc:        John Birrell <jb@what-creek.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DTrace for FreeBSD - Status Update

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 17:54 +0900, gnn@freebsd.org wrote:
> Excellent!
>
> But, I have a naive question.  Should this be integrated in some way
> with the hwpmc work of Joseph Koshy since I think it could be useful
> for DTRace to get information from the CPU as well.
>
> Is there a quick "HOw to use DTRace" anywhere?  I'd like to use it in
> my networking stuff when I get to the point of caring more about
> performance than correctness.

This is the best resource I have found for using DTrace under Solaris:

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsln4yb/dtrace.html

It is great to see DTrace coming to FreeBSD, I've found myself recently
developing code on Solaris that I have no intention of actually using
under Solaris, just because DTrace is available.

Gavin