Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2002 10:58:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RangeLAN-DS Update

Just a followup on the Proxim RangeLAN-DS card that would be recognized
but not operate under 4.6x on my Toshiba Tecra 8000:

While testing other things, I discovered that enabling the BIOS PNP
function called "Device Config. = Setup by OS" allowed the RangeLan card
to work just fine.  It also seemed to cause no other problems.  I'm
guessing this has something to do with the PC Card controller mode, but
don't know that for a fact.  ("options PNPBIOS" in the kernel config is
unnecessary.)

There's more testing to do, but this may help others with Tecra machines
or Toshibas in general.