Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:36:07 -0700
From:      "Robert Shea" <robert.shea@onlinecables.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fonts problems in X

I recently attempted installing FreeBSD 4.0-Release with XFree86 3.3.6 on to
my computer with an ATI Rage Fury AGP video card (according to XFree86.org
there are no known problems with the ATI 128 cards) yet for some reason in
both K and Gnome the text on the task bars appears normal, and all the text
I type shows normal, but all the menu text and all other text shows up as
basically bar codes (a series of vertical lines) I have tried installing all
of the font packages in /stand/sysinstall... but that doesn't help. Any
ideas?
Of further interest... this problem does not occur with varients of Linux
running 3.3.6, so I am confused where the problem lies.
Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Robert Shea