Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 09:05:52 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sysutils?

 * From: "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>

 * >   iozone, top, tua, xdu, xperfmon, xsysstats (currently in x11)
 *
 * Counter proposal (we need to start populating one of these anyway)
 * how about ports/benchmarks  (the only one above that goes in there
 * would be iozone, but things like ttcp, bonnie, tcpblast could go in
 * there).

That would be fine, maybe we can put in xbench too.  But what about
the others?

 * filesystems/{cpm, hfs, mtools}  and emulation/{pcemu, wine} come to
 * mind.

Wouldn't you rather have them together?  I think they cater to the
same audience, and I don't think there are enough of them to warrant
two directories.

 * From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>

 * 	ports/system
 * 	ports/emulators

"system" sounds a little too generic to me, but "sysutils" isn't that
much better anyway so that's ok, I guess.

And about "emulators"...well, this goes to Rod's proposal too, but
xterm is an emulator too, and screen too, they just emulate different
things.  Isn't there a word that describes that these are emulators
for the PC/Mac sort of things?

Sorry for bitching, if nobody comes up with a better idea, I guess
we'll go with "system" (my "sysutils" minus iozone) and "emulators".
Creating "benchmarks" too is fine for me, all I need to do is to ask
Rod to move iozone in the repository anyway. :)

Satoshi