Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 00:04:39 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        Jonathan Graehl <jonathan@graehl.org>, Freebsd-Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: please document that kevent does not automatically restart when interrupted by signals

Are you sure that this will never be made untrue by a fine-grained
smp implementation?

Other than for popular-press benchmarks, asking what
FreeBSD will guarantee is the wrong question, imho.
Writing production code that's non-portable is hardly
ever the right choice.  Of course if you're using kevent
you've already decided the other way.

The manpages should document what is very unlikely to change
across releases, but I don't think even that is an absolute
commitment.  Posix is a much safer bet.

Barney Wolff, who has been asked about his own 15-year-old code,
and is sure that others can beat that by a mile.