Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:42:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Geoffrey Goodrum <ggoodrum@perigee.ncdc.noaa.gov>
To:        Mark Hounschell <dmarkh@cfl.rr.com>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another 2930U problem

For what little this is worth:

I use a Yamaha CDRW6416S with the sym53c8xx driver (Diamond Fireport 40,
53c875 chipset) without any problems.  XCDRoast works fine with the
generic SCSI-3 mmc driver.

This again points to a driver issue, not the drive or higher level SCSI
code.

Are you using the latest driver from Doug Ledford's aic7xxx support site
(http://people.redhat.com/dledford/)?  I had problems with older drivers
included with the stock kernel (but that was an AHA2740 EISA adapter
issue).

Geof