Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 14:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        David Chamberlain <david.chamberlain@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD, Apache and databases

--------------ms5815536463B4DD82E770898C

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, David Chamberlain wrote:
> I saw a product called MySQL, which looks pretty good.  I can probably figure
> out how to install that and make it work from the instructions.

We use it, works great.

> How do I get the data from the SQL server to the Web page.

With CGI scripts.  mysql has both a C API and a DBD::DBI
perl interface.  The DBD::DBI stuff comes with the mysql
distribution so you don't even need to go looking for it.
With your low horespower system I'd suggest using the C API
though.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com