Date:      Sun, 2 Aug 1998 22:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gregory Benjamin <gregb@laserlab.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Does freeBSD run on HP pavilion 8290/8380

I am considering the purchase of one of these machines
expressly for the purpose of running freeBSD. For those
not familar with them, both are PII 400MHz machines. The
8290 has 64MB 100MHZ SDRAM and a 12GB disk and the
8380 has 96MB 100MHZ SDRAM and a 8GB disk.
they have ATI Rage PRO 3-D AGP graphics on the motherboard.
I'm wondering if the DVD is servicable as a CD-ROM under
freeBSD, and that the disk (12GB) IDE on the 8290 works
correctly.

| Gregory Benjamin   Laserlab, Inc.       o Laser photoplotting          |
| gregb@laserlab.com 6790 Top Gun Street  o CNC machining                |
|                    Suite 9              o Chemical milling             |
|                    San Diego, CA 92121  o Printed Circuit Fabrication  |
| www.laserlab.com   Tel: 619-646-7660    o Precision photomasks         |
| ftp.laserlab.com   Fax: 619-646-7667    o AutoCAD to Gerber conversion |