Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:08:15 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X server, touchpad, mouse

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 11:59:37AM +0200, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> When I run X (FreeBSD 5.0R, XFree86 4.?.?) and use the touchpad,
> everything's fine. Do I plug in the mouse later, the cursor freezes
> and the current session becomes unusable.

some more information would be handy... laptop model, type of mouse?

with my ibm T30 and an usb mouse, I use these settings:

rc.conf:
moused_enable="YES"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"

XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"      "auto"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

And usbd is running. Like that, both devices work under console, and X
as well.

Hope that helps, t.