Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:38:52 +0700
From:      "Leonard Ong" <Leonard_Ong@iname.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Naughty Shell

Dear Friends,

I am really out of my wits, Please help me.  I am new to FreeBSD though I
have some basic of Linux.  I have editted most of /etc files including
passwd.  On the first line of the root entry, i changed default shell
 assigned by sysinstall ) to /bin/bash.

However, Everytime I boot, I always get csh instead of bash.  On regular
account ( user account ), it is correct.

Please help me how to change csh to bash.  The path to bash is correct, I
modified both entry ( root and leonard account by setting csh to bash ) but
root never worked while user account worked.

Thanks

Regards,
Leonard Ong
Leonard Ong Advanced Research,Inc

Leonard Ong| Confusious said : " The Journey of thousands miles
  (Íõ¶°ºÀ) |  begins with a small single step "
           | Leonard_Ong@iname.com - Share Knowledge together!
  Powered  | 68FB C87E 8A0D EC9F EC82  A6FC C547 B4E4 CA46 94DB