Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 09:51:04 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        eivind@yes.no (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        kjc@csl.sony.co.jp, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: struct ifnet handling...

> > but "chains" can be emulated with relative ease and efficiency
> > using optimized SKIPTO instructions.
>
> Are you talking about automatically or by the user?  If you're talking

the "otimization" i am talking about is replacing rule numbers with
pointers so that there is no need to scan the whole database each time.
This is done automatically in my code, and the user knows nothing about
it.

I am not considering more sophisticated optimizations like 'hmmm this
test was done earlier so let's just skip it'.

	cheers
	luigi