Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 95 14:48 CDT
From:      malenovi@cview.com (Nik Malenovic)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        dk@dog.farm.org
Subject:   Re: patch for PTYs not freed? (2.0.5-R) (screen problem)

In article <DH1wFy.684@cview.com> you write:
>I am gotting that same bug which bites me:
>under screen, create virtual console (using PTY), run telnet/rlogin under it,
>kill the shell process (telnet not killed), re-create virtual console
>(same PTY used), alas, I got input from shell/old telnet process intermixed.

blah. you are lucky - I can't even get screen to work on ANY of my boxes.
all the way since 1.5.1 - I am having this darn problem - screen hangs.
I know people had complained about it - but no one ever offered a fix.
I tried to debug it - and the problem was that the master process was
dying and spawned processes would just bomb out. WHY the master process
was dying? no clue. anyway - if anyone has any clues... please let me know! :)

Nik