Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 18:34:30 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mention in LWN interview with A.C.

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     The whole article is interesting.  I sure hope the linux people get a
>     source control system together soon, it really sounds like Linus is
>     getting strained.  I checked out the linux kernel list archives and
>     it looks like CVS has been suggested, but there's always someone who has
>     had a really bad experience with it and that is stopping them from using
>     it.  Maybe someone in this group with ties into the linux groups can
>     casually mention how well CVS is working for us to maybe get them to move
>     to it a little more quickly.  I have no doubt that they will be forced to
>     do it at sometime or another.  The sooner they do it, the better.

Interestingly, there are people here that don't like CVS either. Now
and then there is a thread about using something else for source
control. It always dies because there is now free alternative that
fixes all problems with cvs, so there wouldn't be much of a benefit.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Well, as a computer geek, I have to believe in the binary universe.