Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:00:55 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Fadi Sodah <sodah@qatar.net.qa>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 06:47:35PM +0300, Fadi Sodah wrote:
> Mark Ovens wrote:
> >
> > Fadi Sodah wrote:
> > >
> > > hi
> > >
> > > I get the following failure when I try to build a new kernel FreeBSD v.
> > > 3.0.
> > > 'make depend' <-- No Error
> > > but 'make' produces the following:
> > >
> > > dpt_scsi.o:Undefined symbol `_xpt_bus_register' referend from text
> > > segment
> > > dpt_scsi.o: More undefined symbol _xpt_createpath refs follow
> > > ncr.o: Undefined symbol ` _xpt_bus_register' referend from text segment
> > > ncr.o: More undefined symbol _xpt_async refs follow
> > > ***** Error code 1
> > > stop.
> > >
> > > the same message also for _xpt_async_ , _cam_sim_free, _cam_sim_alloc ..
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > what could be wrong?
> > >

> > Looks like you're compiling *some* SCSI stuff in, but not all the
> > necessary items. Do you need SCSI? If not, comment out dpt0 and ncr0
> > in your config file.
>
> ok , no i dont need scsi ... so i removed it from the config file
> now i am getting this
>
> adwcam.o:Undefined symbol `_xpt_async' referenced from text s3egment
> ***Error code 1
> stop.

OK, if you don't need SCSI, check all the following are commented out:

# This controller offers a number of configuration options, too many to
# document here  - see the LINT file in this directory and look up the
# dpt0 entry there for much fuller documentation on this.
controller      dpt0

controller      adv0    at isa? port ? cam irq ?
controller      adw0
controller      bt0     at isa? port ? cam irq ?
controller      aha0    at isa? port ? cam irq ?
#controller     aic0    at isa? port 0x340 bio irq 11

controller      scbus0

device          da0

device          sa0

device          pass0