Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:39:08 -0400
From:      "Sphygmos" <eweiss@wamnet.net>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Philips Omniwriter CDr PLEASE HELP!!!

Dear Mr. Perlstein,

    Thank you very much for your speedy reply. My problem still
remains, however. I have been warned by many many people that
upgrading from 2.2.8 to 3.1 would be VERY dangerous and most likely
wont work. Everyone recommends a fresh install. To do this I would
have to back up my system. To do this I would have to have my CDr
working. Therefore I can't install until I get my CDr working but i
cant get my CDr working until i install. So i'm stuck in a nice catch
22. I was wondering if there was any way to get it working on 2.2.8
because on the web page i sent you earlier the person claimed to get
it working with 2.2.5. Please write me back. Thanks.