Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:21:49 -0500
From:      "Scott T. Hildreth" <shild@sbcglobal.net>
To:        Olivier Saut <olivier.saut@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg on ATI Radeon 1600 Pro

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 14:13 +0000, Olivier Saut wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run X with an ATI Radeon 1600 Pro (RV530 chipset I think) on
> FreeBSD 6.1-RC1.
> I am able to run X with xorg 6.9 and the vesa driver but the refresh rate is
> stuck at 60 Hz.
> This card is not supported by the FreeBSD fglrx driver.
> Is there a way to increase the refresh rate (1280x1024@85Hz works on my monitor)?

  I assume this is a CRT, since you are asking about refresh rates.  The
Vesas driver is generic, I don't know how much you can adjust.  Have you
run xorgcfg? You can try xvidtune to adjust the parameters until you get
the right refresh rate.  Then save the modeline and put it in your
xorg.conf.   I you use xorgcfg (graphical configure), it is easier to
tweak the config.