Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:28:51 -0700
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        Lynn Steven Killingsworth <blue.seahorse.syndicate@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need latest xorg

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Matthias Gamsjager <mgamsjager@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Lynn Steven Killingsworth <
> blue.seahorse.syndicate@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't seem to have generated much comment.
> >
> > I suspect you are thinking as I do that if your servers don't immediately
> > download then their is a bandit on my Internet line??
> >

> Newer AMD videocards and Freebsd is just pure pain. Dont think the newer
> xorg will change much.

Hi,

Have you considered installing packages? I have a daily sync repo mirror of
amd64 and i386 pkgs (Latest/Current) if you experience difficulty accessing
the FTP servers. lemme know. Unfortunately I don't have everything mirrored
at this time, and not sure how they would fly on 9-x :)

Also latest xorg runs great with my AMD HD 6620G, obviously a different
class than your AMD HD 7950 but I suppose it could also be considered a
'newer card', first released June 14, 2011, about 6 months before the 7950.
Not sure when the cut-off date is.

Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA