Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:25:29 -0400
From:      Alain Hebert <ahebert@pubnix.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fglrx ATI driver

    Hi,

    Can I make a suggestion?  (Don't wanna start a flame war, just my
opinion)

    Drop ATI for nVidia.

-----

    I was using and yes, hooked, on ATI since their VGA Wonder and more
with their 8514 compatible card
    (for which I found a way to make it work with X11R4 btw, dont know
if its still there ... lookup aal@broue.rot.qc.ca).

    But ATI close/limited access/"got snob" the developer channels and
stop providing documentation under the excuse that its propriatory
informations (yeah sure... come on).

    So my ATI contacts dried up, no way to get a NDA to get that
documentation, and even then, there is no TV documentation, and 3D is
limited.

    So bye, bye ATI.

-----

    I got a nVidia 6600 and since nVidia support FreeBSD natively its a
breeze.  (With 3D!)

    Now TV is coming from a low cost bktr card and I'm happy.