Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:03:05 -0500
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@zipperup.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPSEC Win2k

> > Here is a small writeup that I did for someone else on how to have BSD
> > and Win2k talk to each other using IPsec.
>
> Can I be so forward as to suggest that this is exactly the sort of
> thing that really ought to go into the handbook and/or FAQ?

Hrmmm. I'll try to kick some time free later tonite and throw together
something suitable for a PR.

> One of
> the problems that we have with IPSEC is that the documentation (at
> least in English) is inadequate.

Yeah. There is virtually nothing out there on how to get racoon working
intelligibly.

Just so its in the archives, I should point out that NetBSD's IPsec
documentation is, while not great, scads better that whats currently in the
handbook.

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/ipsec/

More or less all of it is applicable to FreeBSD.

josh

--
This email has been brought to you by the letters U, U, C, and P