Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:47:40 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Eitan Adler <eitanadlerlist@gmail.com>, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X doesn't update until the mouse moves (not HAL related)

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 18:22 +0100, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010, Robert Noland wrote:
> > > There are a large number of intel chipsets - there's sure to be
> > > many bugs :)
> >
> > IIRC, this was actually a bug in the interrupt code.  Specifically,
> > the handling of MSI on chips > i945.  The commit should have been
> > either from me or jhb@ and a search of the email archives should turn
> > something up.
>
> I had a look and saw a few likely candidates, I will see what I can find
> when I get some time to test..
>
> TBH the easiest way will probably be to just use
> 7.3's /usr/src/sys/dev/drm.. :)

What I'm saying is that, iirc the fix was in the pci code, not drm
directly.  I think it was the fixes for INTx handling...

From: 	Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To: 	freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc: 	freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject: 	Broken interrupts on Intel gfx
Date: 	Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:58:08 -0500

jhb has committed the rest of the msi fix that will address the broken
interrupts on Intel graphics chips on SMP.  Make sure that you have
r194985 and things should be good.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>