Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:26:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave Cole <dacole@netcom.ca>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mt status

Is there any way to figure out which file no. and block no. a tape is
sitting at?  Within solaris, an 'mt status' gives you a nice useful
display like:

Mammoth EXB-8900 8mm Helical Scan tape drive:
   sense key(0x0)= No Additional Sense   residual= 0   retries= 0
   file no= 0   block no= 0

Is there any parallel in the BSD world?  If not, why not?  I find this
far far more important than knowing what other densities I can use.

Dave Cole (DC1110)                     |        dacole@netcom.ca
Systems Administrator                  |*       dacole@rik.net *
                                       |         office/~dacole/
Netcom Canada                          |* www.rik.net/~dacole/ *
905 King Street West, Toronto, M6K 3G9 |    phone - 416.341.5801
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Sol   |      fax - 416.341.5725