Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 21:21:02 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Oren Sarig <sarig@bezeqint.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Authentication Loop

Oren Sarig writes:
>Whenever I try to connect to my ISP I get an infinite authentication loop.
>I would have send the logs, but from a quick search on the list, I found
>many users have this problem. I haven't been able to find a solution except
>to downgrade sources.
>
>1) Is there a solution?

not yet

>2) If downgrading is the only option, what version supports AVM Fritz!Card
>PCI but doesn't have the bug, and where can I get old versions?

Seems to me that the Fritz!Card PCI driver first appeared in
i4b-00.71.00-beta-010399.tgz (with some bugs which were fixed in later
betas). Whether this version works any better I cannot say. Very unlikely.

Yes, I have lots of old i4b tarballs laying around (44 to be exact ;)

>3) Does anyone have a clue on where in the sources I should look for the
>bug and maybe fix it? Or am I alone in looking for the bug?

I personally think that the error is somewhere in if_spppsubr.c. I get
the impression from looking at some of the debug trace posted to the
list that the error is triggered by a previous failure.

I use sPPP with FreeBSD-current and a Fritz!Card PCI, but never have any
problems connecting.

It's hard to debug and fix problems which you cannot reproduce. In other
words, I think this is your baby.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de