Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:37:32 +0800
From:      Mukhsein Johari <arashi1@pd.jaring.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD's Filesystems...journaling?

Hello,

This is a fairly general question about FreeBSD that I could not find an
answer to. I searched everywhere!
I have used OS/2 Warp (3 and 4), WinNT4 and since 2 years ago, linux
(currently Mandrake 7.0). The question I need an answer to is, What is
FreeBSD's FS called and where can I read up about it? Is it a journaling
fs type? If not, why not? And how easy/difficult is it to replace the
current FS with another?

Due to silly users (and non-users!) our clients require idiot-proof and
reliable systems that won't die from "accidental cable trips". I need an
OS that has this "feature". None of the above really cuts it, IMHO.
Linux being the current best that I could use. Backup - reinstalls often
take too long. Being able to just switch on after such power failures is
a HUGE boon, if available. (sure as hell would make my life easier!)

Well, thanks for your time, and thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Mukhsein