Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:21:05 +0900
From:      Mark van Wouw <mark@vanten.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Subject:   Re: Fresh install on gmirror'ed disks?

> Is it possible to boot off the install CD, setup a gmirror, and then
> reboot and install on the mirror (and expect things to work ok)? Anyone
> try this? It would be nice if the installer let you do this...

Since you have the luxury of doing this at install time, check out the
instructions at:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=1

It worked for me and I think it's more like what you want than the
http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200502/diskmirror.html
approach which is good for converting a system to gmirror.

Mark