Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 00:07:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?m=20p?= <sumirati@yahoo.de>
To:        irwanhadi@phxby.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Server won't boot after recompile the kernel with ipfw support

> Thanks for the tips. By the way I got one question, why the firewall
> features is not bundled in the default FreeBSD installation ?
> It seems the firewall features in FreeBSD looks like an "easter egg", since
> it is not defined in the /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC, but only on the
> FreeBSD homepage ?
>
> Thanks

Hi Irwan,

why it is not defined in the GENERIC kernel I do not know. But I remember some
discussions about it on the mailing lists.

If you look into /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT you will see all firewall
parameters - and some more you didn't used before. That is the reference file
for kernel configuration.

Hope that helps

Marc