Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:56:08 +1000 (EST)
From:      Joel <joel@starbug.ugh.net.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE

Problem solved,

it ended up being "set openmode active" not being in the ppp.conf , but
why the same ppp.conf worked in one machine and not the other having the
*exact* same src , im still at a loss with . I was also told that "set
openmode active" was a default setting, maby that has changed in my 4.6
configs somewhere ?????  .

Thanks for all your help

Hi ,

Im having trouble with my ADSL PPPoE connection

I am running 4.6-STABLE , I have dialed up using 2 iBooks and an iMac
using PPPoE , even copied /usr/src and /usr/obj , made world and installed
on a borrowed PC and copied my ppp.conf file over to it and it even
connected fine :-/ , so it cant be my ppp.conf nor my D-Link ADSL Modem ,
my Ethernet card works just fine , even swaped out just incase.

... im sort of at a loss why it is doing it ... my config and log files
are at

http://www.ugh.net.au/~joel/ppp/ppp.conf
http://www.ugh.net.au/~joel/ppp/ppp.log
http://www.ugh.net.au/~joel/ppp/rc.conf

any idears would be greatfully Apriciated

tar

Joel Cornale