Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 10:57:49 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        randyd@nconnect.net
Cc:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: postgresql build failure on SMP machine

Hi,

>I built a UP kernel on the SMP machine and boot to it.  Incurred the
>same problem.

If I am understanding you correctly a NON SMP kernel exhibits this problem.
If this is true then its obviously not an SMP problem.  If the issue is that
you observe this problem on an SMP motherboard, but don't on other hardware
you test with, it is *probably* not related to the SMP specific portion of the
hardware.  I think a more detailed description of just where it runs and where
it fails is needed.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by