Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:14:56 +0300
From:      Scott Myron <zamy27@hsonline.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   About the sound.

hello. My problem is, I compile sound into my kernel, i can play .au's.
i play them by cat whatever.au > /dev/audio. it plays the .au but i get
a bit of static and it sounds kind of like a "clicking" noise. Another
thing is, when i compiled the sound into my kernel i still can't listen
to cd's. i tried, cdcontrol -f /dev/wcd0a. then i tryied to play a song.
and nothing. no sound at all. Anyone have any ideas? thanks.

                                                        Scott